Monday, September 30, 2013

Faith Obeys...

Nagasaki Autumn Leaf
 
“All along, let us remember we are not asked to understand, but simply to obey...”
  
Amy Carmichael, Candles in the Dark    


I recently was happy to shrink out of some of my favorite blouses,
and gave them away to a friend who in turn gave me a coupon
for one of my favorite stores for blouses
(in my humble opinion, they are sensibly proportioned and
rarely disappoint)

A few weeks later, I stopped by the store and after browsing a bit,
I acquired several blouses that would do nicely for the
dresses I was making.

A few days afterward, I was sorting laundry and thinking
about my sewing projects coming up, feeling relieved
that I had things figured out
(sometimes it can be a  hassle to get it together
when it comes to dresses and blouses,
at least in my life!)

God spoke into my heart,
"Take them back"
and I was sort of shocked at the struggle that
occurred in my heart over that call.
Oh, the devil wanted me to think that I did not
hear correctly and that it didn't really matter.

But I knew better.
I have learned the beauty of that still, small voice
and I knew what God was asking of me.

So, after a brief struggle, I finally said
"Ok Lord. I don't really get it at all but sure,
I'll take them back."

And He replied,
"What you need, you will have when you need it."

"Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...