Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Forgive and You Will Be Forgiven...

 
by Corrie Ten Boom
 
The subject of forgiveness has lain heavy on my heart
for years as I struggled thru puzzling situations
and hurtful circumstances.
 
As I follow Him in the Way of the Cross
He has led me to understand more and more
what true forgiveness is.
 
I am humbled that He would forgive me so freely.
What He has done for me is 'way beyond
what I will ever need to extend to another.
 
Oh I have so far to go yet in this!
What a true joy it is to learn at the Savior's feet.
 
"Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.
    • Refrain:
      Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
      Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
      Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
      Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
  1. Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
    Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
    Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
    Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.
  2. Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
  3. Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer, others to save.
  4. Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
    Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
    All that I am and have I am bringing,
    Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.
  5. Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
    Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
    Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
    Fit me for life and Heaven above."
 
~Thomas O. Chisholm
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...