Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

“We bend. I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. He lived, only to die. Could I? Die to self and just break open for love. This Savior, His one purpose to spend Himself on behalf of messy us. Will I spend myself on behalf of those in front of me? And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness of Joy.”
― Katie J. Davis
 
Today, I am thankful for many people who have bent for me.
The mother whom I have never known, who carried me
under her heart for nine months and then gave me to another
mother who cared for me.
 
I am grateful my mother took the time to dress me neatly,
and teach me how to keep a home,
how to sew and how to host guests in my home.
 
I am thankful I had a father who cared for my soul and
sacrificed his time to be very involved in setting up
Christian Day Schools for me to attend.
 
I am thankful for preachers who, to this day,
many of them have no idea that I was so changed
by the words of their courageous sermons.
 
I am thankful for grandparents, who in their own way,
each taught me valuable things I needed to know for life.
 
I am thankful for the many people who have reached out
to me when I was bleeding all over the place from
troubled times in my life...
they offered Jesus and His salve and my heart is
deeply thankful that they bent for me.
 
I am thankful for my friends who love me for who I am
and choose to see me as one who loves Jesus,
but still needing more steps upward in this journey
with Him.
 
It is my deep desire to bend for people that He
has put into my life.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...