Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Treasuring Others...

Fall leaves

 
“Let us
 treasure the virtues
and
excellences
of our
fellow members,
and search for signs of the Spirit’s work
in them;
 and, remembering our own imperfections and failures,
 let us not
fix our eyes upon their defects.”
~Charles Spurgeon
 
I was delighted to find this quote today, as for the past little while,
I've been pondering relationships and friendships. Part of it is due
to a talk I am working on having for young women
 at a youth Bible School in November,
part of which is going to be on relationships.
 
I have many friends, none who totally agree with me.
That is good for me because it keeps me trusting Jesus and
not myself in becoming high minded and above others.
 
I think we should do what Bro. Spurgeon encouraged and allow others
to have their own opinions and release them to the Father for His leading.
I think it may be necessary sometimes to have to speak up
(exhort one another)
but then give grace to each other and bless each other
 in our walk with Jesus.
I think we need to bless each other and
 notice the fruit of the Vine
in each other's lives, and tell each other so!
 
That is so encouraging when blessing comes in this way.
 
I am blessed by the friendships that I have where honesty is allowed,
even if disagreement is present.
I see so many people who cannot handle difference of opinion,
even if they are right and the other person is wrong or because of
blind spots does not see something as clearly as they should see it.
 
Many people go from one friend to the next because the focus is
'be like me or else' and then true fellowship cannot be had because
true fellowship can only come when Jesus is the focus!
 
Let us treasure the people that God brings into our lives,
and seek how to bless and lift them up in the most holy faith.
 
Happy friendships, dear readers.
I love my godly friends so much!
 
God bless you,
Marcia
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Amen ...we need to encourage one another. When someone passes us on the ladder of success in anything, are we willing to push them even higher?That question was put to our ladies Sunday School class years ago...Bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...