Saturday, November 16, 2013

People of the Living God...


Today I wept as I sat in the simple but beautiful wedding of a very dear friend. I was so moved by her care of her father, who walked her down the aisle to her waiting bridegroom. I wept as I thought of the many good discussions she and I had had over our short but meaningful relationship. I wept as I thought of how God orchestrates our lives and brings into our lives what joys and sorrows we need to help us to glorify Him.

And then I was very blessed at the reception to encounter people of the living God at every turn! We loved visiting over lunch with a fine couple who shared part of their journey to understanding and obeying the Scriptures often overlooked or abandoned by mainstream Christianity.

I was blessed to meet a Google + friend whom I had never seen before and tell her that I was encouraged by her posts. We had sweet fellowship for a short time.

I was encouraged to hug some very special friends, dear heart sisters whose lives have intertwined with mine for 5 years now, and who have often encouraged me in their love for simplicity in Christ.

Oh, how can one heart contain such joy and blessing?! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude once again at seeing the people of the living God from different parts of this country gathering to witness and support a new godly home beginning.

Through many years of wondering many times where the people of God really are, God has always shown me that they exist today and that there are still those who love Him from the inside out.

I am thankful. The storms of life come raging around me and although many righteous dreams of mine lie ground into powder at my feet, I am content in Him. He knows. And that is enough for me.

God bless you all,
Marcia

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...