Monday, November 18, 2013

Sheep Eating Sheep...

Sheep
" It's interesting..
that when we PROFESS likeness with Christ,
nobody's feathers are ruffled,
 but when we begin to be identified with Him
by how our lives are lived out, it becomes a bit offensive,
mostly to other Christians.
 Shouldn't we be cheering one another on in the fight for faith,
the battle for souls, seeing the captives set free?
No matter where it takes us or how "radical" it may look..
we only get one chance."

 -D'Lynn Watts

"Why do sheep keep eating sheep?"
I heard the desperation and sadness
even in her email over the weekend.
And my heart bled because I have seen so many
sheep eating sheep.
Or are they wolves?
But maybe sometimes they are sheep...

Paul had this problem in his day.

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this;
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another,
take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then,
Walk in the Spirit,
and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

(Gal. 5:14-16)

So...there truly is no new thing under the sun.

All we can do is love the Lord our God with our all...
Which includes loving our neighbor as ourselves.
No gossip.
No slander.
No rudeness.

No matter how right we are.
No matter how wrong they are.

Grace turns a wrongdoer over to God for Him to deal with.
Grace turns the other cheek and humbly lets the
wolf/sheep-eating sheep
walk by on the other side.

BUT...
grace does not compromise truth.
Grace is not about doing things like others think I should
if they are wrong things and cause me to compromise.
Grace is about me humbly and quietly fulfilling the Lord's
plans for me, no matter who does or who doesn't.

Please excuse the seeming randomness of this post.
It was born from several years of ponderings,
musings, and personal experiences
combined with observing and hearing the heart cry of
others who have been bitten by sheep.

Even so come, LORD Jesus!




Just Over Yonder

(recently, as I hosted some beautiful daughters of the King
during a youth Bible school, one of these dear ones was singing
the song above as we worked in the kitchen.
 Eventually another girl chimed in and then I did, too.
Fond memory I will carry in my heart...
And yes, I long to be Home with Him!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...