Friday, December 13, 2013

Bless the Lord, oh My Soul...


Roses are Red

I love how God moves in mysterious ways...His wonders to perform. Putting the right people in my life at critical times, taking me through the wilderness and pruning times when He sees it is time, and letting me read books to make me reflect on where He's brought me from and where I might have been had He not 'struck me down on the road to Damascus' and brought me under His arrest that day 12 1/2 years ago.

That was my day yesterday. I had heard of the book "Trust or Control" by Dorcas Stutzman but as of yesterday had not read it. For 'some reason' yesterday was the day to buy a Kindle edition of it and oh my, I could hardly put it down! I read between classes in school with my children, I read it instead of taking a nap  yesterday, and I read it while waiting for a friend at the airport last night.

This book is an honest and much-needed look at women being in the design God created especially for them with a clear and honest heart cry for women to depart from living the sinful 'out of order' nature we inherited from Eve and put on the new life of Jesus Christ which makes us able to fulfill with joy the purpose God has for us: to love and bless our husbands and be true helpers to them.

As I read, I did much reflecting...

12 1/2 years ago, when I got born again at age 25, I had already been married 5 years. I was devastated from many hurtful things that had happened in my childhood, and in looking back, very unprepared for marriage. When the eyes of my understanding became enlightened, I was horrified to know that I was a woman tearing down her house instead of building it up and I went in repentance to God and to my husband.

Ever since that time, God has been showing me how to be a godly wife. On wobbly feet at first, being a brand new Christian, but as time goes on, with much steadier step in tune with Him I go. My personal testimony is that it is WORTH all the dying and the laying aside of my own will to adopt His. It is worth all the thought that we can put into our marriage relationships.

It took a number of years to build what I had torn down in my marriage. (I am married to a very loyal, and kind man! However, there is a reaping that comes when a relationship is destroyed by anger, pride, and selfishness and rebuilding can sometimes take awhile.) Now, I am reaping the benefits of laboring to build my house. Though I do not deserve mercy, I have been given much! The heart of my husband does safely trust in me. There is a comfort and a security in knowing that our marriage is blessed by God because we are living His design for it!


Reading Dorcas' book gave me a good nudge to pause and take stock of where I am in this whole wife thing. And to soberly ponder what my home would look like if I had continued the path I was on before I started over and chose the right one. I am not perfect but being perfected daily by the hand of One who never changes nor ever stops calling for me to come higher with Him.

Life is not perfect. No marriage on earth will ever be without its temptations to stoop to the lowlands of petty pride and disorder. BUT...I am here to shout it from the rooftops that JESUS makes the way clear and He makes it possible to live in the highland meadows of love and peace always...


Wives, read this book for a good refresher course, or a wake up call, whichever is needed. I strongly urge us to be an example of the believers in our marriages, so that GENERATIONS may be blessed by it. Our daughters~and our sons, too~ need to find the comfort of a godly mother. Our husbands need good helpers and friends in their wives. Satan is walking about seeking whom he may devour.

God has work for our husbands and children to do. Why would we mess with that calling by tearing down our homes and causing them to spiral into sorrows they would not need to deal with if they were in homes that are being nurtured and built up in Him?

Bless the Lord, oh my soul! I will forever be grateful for that Damascus road happening in my life that brought me to the highlands by His mercy and grace. I am so very thankful for the forgiveness of my husband and that he still let me in after all the times I have wronged him. I am so thankful that God brought me under His arrest when my daughters were still very young so that I could have more time to be an example of godly womanhood to them. What mercy, what tremendous mercy!

Bless His Holy name...

Love,
Marcia







1 comment:

  1. God bless you dear sister, He's the restorer of the breach, the healer of the broken hearted and and the lover of our soul!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...