Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...


Memories came flooding back to me when i saw this on a friend's Facebook page today.
I was 15 years old and a mess...
Deeply distressed about life and hypocrisy,
I went to some friends and asked life questions.

The couple was concerned for me and interested in my situation,
two qualities I had never experienced to that degree.
The brother had prepared some Scriptures for me,
one of which was this one.

At 15, heart torn apart by grief and questions,
confused, scared, angry and alone,
that was probably the best thing he could have done:
point me to the One who has my life planned and
in whose capable hands I could trust.

It would be another 10 years until I knew in my heart 
the One who never changes,
but to this day, I am deeply thankful that
someone cared.

Today I am deeply grateful for the people
God used in my life to bring me
to Himself.

Thank you,
A and J 
for being kind to me
and for being willing to be
 fools for Christ
and have your reputation ruined for
a young woman who needed help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...