Friday, January 17, 2014

Increase My Faith...

Sunset
"If we desire our faith to be strengthened,
we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried,
and therefore, through trial, be strengthened."
 
George Mueller
 
 
My thoughts were running along the same lines as this quote this week
as I was faced with a situation that required my choosing
 to see beyond the unanswered why's
surrounding it.
 
I was put into a situation where I had
 to choose to lay aside
personal hurt and broken dreams for
the sake of showing Jesus to those who
seem very blind and decidedly
 closed to the real Truth
or to remain aloof and withdrawn
because in my flesh I just
had no desire to go into
that situation,
and possibly miss an opportunity
to show JESUS to someone.
 
I thought about how my heart has longed for
miracles in this situation
and that this
circumstance just well may be a
test of my faith
to see whether I am willing to
walk by faith and not
by sight,
whether I will choose to lay my own 'life'
down for the sake of extending
love and kindness
to others.
 
I am blessed to serve a God
 who has provided
a better way than the way of self
to live this life.
 
Being hands and feet for Jesus
requires me to give up all of
the 'me' that I am before
He came into my life.
 
It requires me to reach beyond
what personal needs and even
godly desires I have
for the sake of blessing those
who are not fulfilling their
God-designed place
in our lives.
 
It is possible, I think,
to grieve what breaks God's heart,
while at the same time reaching
palms stretched open to the
One who knows
the end from the beginning,
and choosing to lay down
what is not that should be.
By the power of our
precious Savior
this is possible.
 
May He receive all honor and glory.
And with the disciples, I say,
"Lord, increase my faith,"
all the while I honestly admit
that "the spirit indeed is
willing, but the flesh
is weak."
 
He is the Power.
I am the vessel.
He gives the Life.
I give Him my heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...