Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thanksgiving on Thursday...



This old world has things so staggeringly hard to understand at times.

Why there is disease from starvation and malnutrition and poor hygiene in one part of the world while another part is dying from the diseases of kings and queens caused from our feasting 21 times a week...

Why there are godly wives whose husbands refuse to bow completely to the Lord Jesus Christ...

Why there are parents who refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ in their children/adult children...

Why there are people who refuse to appreciate one another in spite of their differences that are of no eternal consequence...

and on and on the list goes.

 There is the temptation to stay stuck in the confusion and heartache, looking at the waves of sorrow that come from gaps left by people who dropped the ball of responsibility or threw it improperly, or even the gaps that have come from my own 'dropping the ball' and the reaping that comes from it. The temptation comes to be blown about by the winds of contempt and cynicism that come when we look at people, circumstance and our own failures that we've repented of,  instead of trusting in the One who never changes and looking full in His wonderful face.

I was reading the other night during family Bible copying time, Psalm 31. What a treasure I found there:


white lilies
O love the LORD, all ye his saints:
for the LORD preserveth the faithful,
and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
 
Be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen your heart,
 all ye that hope in the LORD.
 
Psalm 31:23, 24
 
 
A deep thankfulness rises in my heart that I KNOW Him,
the one Who sees all things and who
takes care of all in due time...
both in rewarding the proud doer
PLENTIFULLY
(not that I hope this happens to anyone,
but it is good to know that God keeps
His Word and that we don't have to
avenge ourselves or even Him...)
and in preserving the faithful
(that confirms the Revelation promise
that it is possible to be an overcomer
by the blood of the Lamb).
 
I choose to stay on the side of the faithful.
And I come into my house,
shut the door against all the evil,
wickedness and sorrow outside,
and thank my God that
in the quietness of my own home
I can lift up a standard of holiness and faithfulness,
raising the flag of faith
saluting the Savior who lives.
 
 I am thankful to God today that
I don't have to know why, how or where...
I just have to know HIM.
 
I am thankful to know the One
who preserves the faithful.
 
Let's thank Him together today
and let Him keep our hearts soft
and pliable...
Let's keep our eyes looking upward
and not around us at the waves
on the Sea of Life...
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...