Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Prayer for Our Loved Ones...



Have you prayed for someone close to you for a long, long time and seem to have no 'voice' with them when it comes to things of eternal value? That is tough, I know! As I was reading through an old journal recently, I found this prayer that I had copied from a book that really blessed me. (for anyone interested, the book is titled "Divine Intervention" by Mark Shaw. I found it to be a very good read, and not what you would expect from a modern book on addictions)

This prayer is so beautiful and I was blessed to be refreshed by it again (I had it hanging on my fridge for a long, long time til the paper got raggedy and worn):

 
heart texture
God of heaven and earth,
Who made the seas and the land
and everything in them,
I ask You
in Your mercy
to send Your faithful people
to accurately and passionately
share the good news of
Jesus Christ
and His salvation
freely offered to my loved one
(insert their name here).
 
Cause me to seize any and every
opportunity to share the
Gospel message
with him also.
 
I realize that apart from
real and personal
relationship with You,
through Jesus Christ,
there is no hope for
(loved one's name).
 
Amen
 
I have struggled lately with temptation that
what is the use praying, and believing...
I have faced the temptation of growing
a crust over my heart
and letting it get cynical and cold
as I look at the discouraging things...
 
BUT
I hold fast to His unchanging hand
and will not try to figure out the
stuff of life.
(walking by faith and not by sight...)
 
He sees the end from its beginning.
I do not.
 
I only know Him
who never changes.
 
Let's pray on, dear friends.
He holds the whole world
in His hands.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all,
 supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks,
be made for all men...
For this is good and acceptable
 in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth".
1 Tim 2:1, 3 & 4
 
Love and blessings,
Marcia



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, it encouraged me to not give up. I have prayed for over two years for my dear loved ones, so far to the human eye it looks fruitless, but I believe God is already at work and I want to strive on.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...