Monday, January 13, 2014

Above Average...

berry snow

 
Refuse
 to be average.
 
 Let
your
heart
soar
as high
 as it will.
 
A. W. Tozer
 
 
In one of my earlier days of walking with Jesus, I heard a sermon in which the pastor shared about some of his fellow citizens in the country of India who were puzzled about American missionaries who came to share Jesus with them. They said, "You make such extraordinary claims but live such ordinary lives". I pondered that many, many times and pray often that God will do what He must to lift me to each spot of higher ground that He needs me to be (being changed from glory to glory).
 
I have prayed that our children rising up will choose Him from a young age, living extraordinary lives even in their youth. One day as I was pondering this, it came to me that:
 
 it is no ordinary thing for our young people
 to choose Jesus Christ,
despite all the distractions
in this 'age of reasoning' we live in today.
 
It is no ordinary thing for daughters to rejoice in serving
in their father's house,
 and cheerfully put themselves under his headship
 for protection and direction,
in this day where women
have struggled long and hard
 to be free of that God-designed order.
 
it is no ordinary thing for sons
 to rise up and assume responsibility
at a young age,
 choosing to embrace their God-given design
to protect women, and to serve their families while
learning of Jesus...
 
it is no ordinary thing for young people to
embrace the true message of the Cross,
choosing to let Him change their hearts from
stony, selfish hearts
to hearts that are soft and pliable, willing to be
molded and conformed into the image of Christ
 
These are not ordinary things.
 These are things that come about
by extraordinary power that comes
 when a heart is yielded to
Jesus Christ.
 
I am encouraged that there is a
smattering of youth today
across the globe who are part of the
'few that find (the narrow way)'
and walk in it.
 
I am encouraged to see them
 rising up and serving
the God who made them
and the God whom they love.
 
My heart is greatly encouraged
and beats with a passion to support them
and teach them what He has shown me
so that they may be encouraged to continue
in the things they have begun with Him.
 
Pray for these our youth.
They face things that many of us
in our youth
have not had to even know.
 
And my heart says
"Come dear Lord Jesus...
Come and take us Home to You
soon."
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...