Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

Well, I missed last week's Thanksgiving post but here it is, one week later...and I am almost missing posting it today!

I am so blessed with the answer of a friend who was publicly praised for liking something of the world (the author of the praise didn't know her friend had mended her ways) who graciously but courageously answered her friend this way:

"I actually don't (_________) anymore. 
I realized a while ago that I like (______) more then is right.
 I idolized (________________) and was convicted about it 
and put (____) away. 
 I felt (_____) isn't Phil 4:8 approved. So be careful."

I am so blessed with a husband who, after weighing the pros and cons from many angles in a situation we have been facing for several years, chose last week and, altho an imperfect situation, his choice was based on what God would have him most responsible for in life: his family/children. My heart is gladdened, although it struggles a bit to know how things will turn out. But I rest in Him, and thank God for a godly husband who cares about his family and takes his responsibilities and a husband and father very seriously.

I am blessed to have read in my journals from the past 5 years, specific prayers and supplications for my children, to see them being brought to positive fruit today. Despite the imperfect mother they have :( . Because of JESUS. My heart is blessed and comforted amidst much sorrow and disappointment.

I am so very blessed for a cozy spot by the fire these days to ponder, pray, read, write, do school with my children, and communicate with my sisters in Christ whom God has given me.  

I praise my Jesus for being a continual living, pulsing Presence in my life, teaching me, guiding me, leading me over rough roads and narrow ways, safely, higher and ever toward the goal of HOME with the Father.

I am so blessed as I think of my sisters in Jesus 
from near and far away...
so many have inspired and encouraged me 
in a very real way this year...
(random order here): 
Rachael, Kia and Trish...
Kristina, Carolyn, Marie, Laura, 
Jenna, Wendy, Heather, Holly,
 Billie, Darla, Minnie, Rhoda, Melanie,
 Sue, Sherri, Sheri, Ruby, Heidi,
 Lisa, the Rachels, Becky, Bettina, 
Christina, Susan, Betty Ann, Mary, 
Misty, the two Ann's in my life, 
Lynette, Judy, Joanna, and many more. 
Yes...I am blessed beyond measure 
Thank you for lifting up my hands when they hung down and strengthening me in God.
 My heart is comforted.



May you have days filled with Thanks Living and may you know the joy of the power of praise. That has been one of my greatest lessons this year: to praise Him in the storm and wilderness, leading to the experience of the power in that act of faith.

Walk by faith and not by sight.
 It's not for the faint of heart.
 It is for those who choose to be brave
 to to lay it all down at His feet
for His glory.
 Because He can take care of us better 
than we can do it!
 Much better.

I will bless the Lord 
at all times;
His praise shall continually be
in my mouth...

(Psalm 34:1)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...