Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Little Things...

Tree in silhouette, at sunset, near Rio Celeste
There
 are many of us
that are
willing
 to do great things for the Lord,
 but few of us are willing to do little things.
 

D. L. Moody

This fits well with thoughts I've been pondering
alot in recent days.
Little things...
menial work that seems to be
thankless and mundane at times.

*Housework.
*Teaching, yet again, an immature one
who needs to be reminded.
*Cooking yet another meal.
*Making sure the house stays uncluttered and tidy.
*Daughters folding Daddy's handkerchiefs the
way he likes them because Mama taught them how...
*Keeping laundry caught after, folded and put away.
*planning nutritious meals for the family
*listening to another story from the boy
with big dreams
*taking time out of any day
to hear the hearts of growing teens
with questions of life

Little things.
Perhaps without a vision beyond today
I miss opportunities to do them right for God.
And much to my sorrow,
I have regrets over missed opportunities.

BUT...
the beautiful thing is that
missed opportunities,
while not a perfect way to live,
can help us grow and be mindful of life,
living on purpose
with purpose
because God has a plan for
all these little things
to be used for His glory.

*Clean homes, tidy drawers and
laundry done create a comforting environment
for growing children, and hard working husbands...
They do not have to struggle thru
grime and filth to find a comfortable
place in their home.
*even the little, seemingly insignificant thing of
handkerchiefs folded the way he likes them
can be a blessing to him
to avoid distraction or having to struggle
against petty, little annoyances during
his hard labor of the day...
*taking the time to plan and prepare nutritious
meals for the family has its benefits in the long run,
promoting good health and lower medical expenses
*taking the time to listen when the children and
Farmer speak to me, hearing their hearts and
knowing how I can bless and encourage them

Little things,
and often seeming to be insignificant
and unnoticed perhaps.

Enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back and realize they were the big thingsBUT God has called me to them
and so I bow my heart to do His bidding.

Because Jesus is who I follow.
And Jesus says that I am his family
if I do His will.


Little things...
but oh, so big if left undone.

Lord, let me be content to do the little things.
Some day I will look back and realize that
they are big things.

I pray that God will plant firmly in me every day
a continually growing vision of life and godliness
for generations that shall come after the ones
that I am living in and raising up...
that someday there could be thousands of
faithful ones because there was a mama
'way back when who cared enough
to come inside her house, close the door to
distractions and be content to live
simply and fully in her home...
who cared enough about God's design to
do what it took to learn at Jesus' feet
to be kind, loving, loyal, gentle and
in her place as a wife and mother.

I pray that I will not miss opportunities
because they consisted of
'only little things'.

Love and blessings,
Marcia


1 comment:

  1. I love this Marcia. It is so true and we take for granted too many times. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...