Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Become as Children...

"Nature teaches us that every believer 
should  be a soul-winner.
It is an essential part of the new nature.
 We see it in every child who loves
 to tell of his happiness and to 
bring others to share his joys."

I don't know where I found the quote above
but it struck me deeply.

I am a new creature in Christ,
given the best gift in the world:
freedom from sin,
forgiveness of sins,
full assurance that He lives
and that I am heading Home
to Him each day, to one day
live forever in His presence.

There is no small joy in my heart
that I have been given this gift.
I am humbled and overwhelmed
that He would do that for me!
And I want all people to know the life of freedom
in Him that I am privileged to know...

Recently I read in Col. 1:25,
"God has sent me to help His church..."

a little out of context here, I know,
but those words intrigued me.

I have loved His church since the day I was
born again 12 1/2 yr. ago.
I have sorrowed over the millions falling away;
My  heart has broken over the hypocrisy and
blind religion worship of many I know;
and I have wept many tears,
asking the Lord to spare my family
and bring us safely Home.

I ponder...
How do I witness of Him?

I think it is best done
by living that day by day
relationship with Him,
living out what He teaches me.

That is how I best help His church...
through much prayer and sober walking.

Lord, preserve us!
Find us faithful when You return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...