Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

In preparation for our special 'love feast' on Friday night with friends, our children were reminiscing about the Storyteller who is coming, who does all the voices and expressions and makes children sit with wide eyed fascination.

This Storyteller has been with our family at Valentine's suppers, 
winter cabin
 'home schooling field trips', 
summer cabin vacations and New Year's Eve suppers at our house. 

His stories
of
long ago,
and from the Bible have left a lasting impact on my children.

So in preparation for tomorrow night,
I put in a request that he allow himself to be 'put on the program' to tell the a story.
The story the children chose as a fond memory of episodes past? 

Elijah on Mount Carmel

And as I thought about the memories my children have
surrounding a pivotal message from Scripture,
my heart knelt in deep thankfulness that
God would provide for them this gift.

They might not 'get' the message in 
the magnitude they will in adulthood,
but I am so blessed that my children
get to hear about a man who was 
courageous and stood alone
for the one, true God...

They get to hear about how idol worship
makes people frantic and powerless
while worshiping God gives one all
the resources needed to live the way
He asks us to.

Today...I thank that One, true God
that we know many parts of the
Body of Christ
who are willing to be used of God
in whatever way He calls...
even telling stories to children,
ESPECIALLY
telling stories to children!



Valentine
One 
day, 
they 
will 
be all grown
and 
it 
will
 be their turn 
to 
shoulder
the responsibility of passing along
God's Words to children.

I pray we tell them well...

(Psalm 78:1-8)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...