Friday, March 28, 2014

Fear God...

My daughter gave me a set of very sharp knives for Christmas. They are the sharpest knives I have ever seen. Cutting through soft bread is a piece of cake. They are amazing, easily slicing through chicken, turkey, fingers, and probably an arm and a leg. That's why I treat them with the utmost reverence. I even handle them with a sense of fear. If I lose that fear I'm in trouble, because I have become a fool.

People often send me their testimony of how they came to Christ. One memorable one came with a stack of pictures. He was on a roof, touched something electrical he shouldn't have, and both of his arms literally cooked before his eyes. The pictures were horrific. So although electricity is wonderful, in providing me with so many incredible appliances, I fear it. If I ever come to a point where I lose that fear, I've become a fool.

God is wonderful. He gave me my life, granted me everlasting life, created my beautiful wife, made my beloved family, my cool dog, my egg-laying chickens, my faithful friends, the air that I breath and the warmth of the sun.

Now listen to what Jesus said about Him: "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28-29). If I ever stop fearing God, I will have become a fool in the highest degree.
 
~Ray Comfort
 
I really enjoy 'parables'.
And appreciate Ray Comfort's ability to
tell stories that have an eternal lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...