Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Down Memory Lane...


Crab Apple flowers



The other day, my daughter moved a desk and found a card behind it that her older sister had made for me when she was 6 years old. My heart was so moved as I was presented this card for the second time, ten years after its original presentation.

On the front, in childish scrawl, was printed John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world
that He gave His only
begotten son,
that whosoever believeth 
in Him
should not perish
but shall have
everlasting life."

Inside the card was printed these words:

"Dear Mama,
What does begotten mean?
Please answer on paper.
I love you,
Angela"

and on the back of the card,
sure enough, there was my
reply,
carefully worded so a 6 year old
could understand.


My heart beats high with joy.
That same daughter, who ten years ago,
and barely able to write her own name,
wanted to KNOW...
and God has been growing her in that
knowing all these years,
dealing tenderly with her
and burning in her heart a
hunger and thirst after righteousness.

Certainly I have no greater joy
than to hear that my children walk
in truth...

my favourite spring flower

What a mighty
 God
 I serve.

My heart has 
often been disturbed
by all the 
'what ifs' that could steal my children
away from being lovers of the Truth.

And I have
 prayed fervently 
that 
they will live 
godly lives
from a 
very young age
and be preachers 
of righteousness
for the Lord.

I am not stopping those prayers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...