Monday, May 5, 2014

The God of the Bible...(4)

photo courtesy of Heather King
...is the Creator of the world.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
 With these words the Bible announces one of the central themes
 in the first line of the first chapter of the first book.
 This may seem simple and significant, but in reality this is the core of the biblical worldview.
 If God created the world, secular humanism is not even a remote possibility.
 If God created the world, then God created man.
 If God created the world, then our view of truth, knowledge, and other ethics
 must be shaped by this single fact.
 The biblical worldview rises and falls with this simple concept.

Voddie Baucham
"Family Driven Faith"

PS
I hope I have inspired you to read the Word and find a deeper understanding of who God is...
And I hope that I have inspired you to read "The Family Driven Faith".
 It has really encouraged me in my understanding of family life and
 in my vision for raising my children to know God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...