Friday, June 27, 2014

Bless Them...

"Earth laughs in flowers" [EXPLORED] from Flickr via Wylio



A few months ago, I was privileged to share with some sisters in a neighboring state at their sisters' meeting. We had some prayer time at the end of our time together, and when the sister who had invited me there prayed, she included in her prayer a specific blessing over me, my husband and my children. It warmed my  heart and blessed me incredibly much, and also humbled me to receive this unexpected blessing.

Then the other day, a friend called me to share some concern in her circumstance, and in my personal struggle of that day (it was a particularly struggley type of day!), I had a tap on the shoulder from the Holy Spirit to pray with  her before we ended the conversation, but it ended before my intentions were fulfilled. So that evening, the Holy Spirit again prompted me to call her back and pray with her. I finally got to do that yesterday morning (two days later). As we shared hearts, my heart was so blessed by the godliness that Jesus is working in this sister thru her struggle in a circumstance that is at times puzzling. Then we prayed. And when she prayed, again the Lord reigned down blessing on my head as she included in her prayer, specific blessing and thanks for me.

I am humbled but also so thankful. God is enough. But to receive blessing at the hand of the Body of Christ, after years of knowing turmoil and facades is an amazing experience that I treasure deeply.

We withold blessing too long, I think. Maybe because we see each others imperfections? Or we are afraid that if we bless that imperfect person, they might think we agree with the wrong in their life? I don't know why we withold blessings...

I am newly grateful and want to make it a growing habit of mine to bless my fellow believers more...

a word of thanks to the brother who preached on Sunday
a note of love to the sister whose motherhood I appreciate
a word of blessing to a struggling sister or brother
a smile of blessing to a sister over the crowd at Bible study 
when the speaker touches on something we had been sharing in conversation with each other

"...speaking to each other in 
psalms and hymns and
spiritual songs..."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Marcia, for this reminder. Its very true that we often withhold a blessing, for some reason, and we miss so much by doing so! I've been realizing lately like never before how much accountability, fellowship, and prayer partnership can make a difference in our lives. It will even give us the ability to be more victorious in our personal lives, when we know we are sharing it with others who are praying and encouraging us. Thanks again for writing!

    -Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen. May the Lord Jesus be praised.
    Say hello to your Mom for me, ok?

    Love and blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...