Monday, June 2, 2014

My Shepherd...


Irises

Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
It is possible to face the death of a favorite uncle with the hope of eternal life, and rejoice at his grave that he lived his life for God...
 
Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
I will not live in fear today when the feeling that my husband is going to die keeps pressing my spirit. (How happy was I to see him stride in the door mid-afternoon, all sun burned and dusty from working hard in the fields, and hand him a frosty mug of chai latte, and see his tender smile!)
 
Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
I will loosely hold my friendships in my hands, and thank God for them daily...
I will trust my friends to Him...good friends who are facing illnesses and surgeries and unknowns.
 
Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
I have joy that never can be shaken, the joy of knowing Jesus Christ and being whole in Him,
in spite of storms and winds and waves that shake my little boat and would frighten me, were I not secure in Him.
 
Because He is my Shepherd...
 
I have nothing to lose by telling the Truth to others, in love, and then letting them reject me and the message because they don't like it...
 
Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
I bow under the yoke of my Savior, and learn that His love always hopes, is never rude, endures much, suffers long, is kind, and does not envy what blessings others seem to have that I do not.
 
Because the Lord is my Shepherd...
 
I have everything that I need for this fleeting life that I am commissioned here on Earth.
 
What a Shepherd.
What a Savior.
 
Spring Rain
 
by Ralph Carmichael
 
(a song that really blessed me of late)
Please forgive me if I ever double up
on songs on this blog.
 
I do not remember which ones I have on here,
and I have MANY that bless me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...