Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Random Facts...

I don't normally post stuff like this, but awhile ago I participated in a 'random facts' thing on Face Book, and was given 21 things to share about myself. It was sort of fun, and so I thought I'd share it here. If you want to do this in return, do it in the comments...as many things as you like but at least 21 :-) I would find it fun if you did.

1. Having been born during the time when abortions were newly legalized in our country, 
I am privileged to have two mothers, 
one who carried me under her heart for 9 months and chose life for me, 
and another who adopted me and taught me valuable things for life.


2. My life motto is that God has lit the candle in my soul (Psalm 18) 
and I cannot but speak and live the Lord Jesus Christ!
 Nothing else is quite so important to me.

3. I love whole food plant-strong eating. 
I find it an exciting challenge to cook foods for my family 
that both please the palate and feed their cells.

4. Earth tones are my favorite colors, 
especially the warm autumn colors of 
sage, burgundy, red, yellow, bronze, and wheat/oatmeal.

5. I am very interested in family being the hub of God's plan for living, 
and in the return of daughters to their true calling of homemaking 
and serving the Church through domestic avenues 
(teaching children, helping their fathers, being involved in their family ministry, 
serving busy moms so they can raise their children and
 teach them at home if they choose, tending the sick,
 learning to serve in preparation for homes of their own some day).

6. I do not like the factory or dirty side of farming, 
but love my Farmer and find it a pure joy to take him tailgate suppers when needed,
 or run for parts, or send healthy lunches with him on the tractor.

7. Cottage gardening is my delight when I have time to devote to that. 
I love the bouquets my daughters bring me from the gardens, 
and the photos they take for me from the gardens as well. 

8. One day I hope to publish a plant-strong cookbook 
complete with a photo of every dish
 (photos done by my daughter).

9. God has 'enlarged my tent' not with many biological children, 
but with many spiritual daughters whom I love very much 
and know they can succeed in Jesus!

10. I would love to be at my wedding weight...

11. I love cloudy days.

12. Autumn is my favorite season.

13. I am currently looking forward to beginning Dr. Fuhrman's online NET program to
 earn a certificate of nutrition so that I can help my family 
and others in true, whole food nutrition.

14. I am a homeschooling mom. 
I love having my children home with me every day.

15. I am called Mar(sha), Cici, Aunt Cia, Ci, Marci, Mama, and Mom. 
And I answer to them all.

16. I grew up with 7 siblings, all of us adopted.

17. If I could choose anywhere in the world to live, 
I would move to the Ozarks of Missouri in a heartbeat. 
Took me 5 yr to like the area, and then enjoyed it 4 more years before 
God took us back to the Fingerlakes of NY where I grew up.

18. I love cilantro...
in fresh pico de gallo over tacos, 
or in cranberry salsa with home made tortilla chips, 
AND in 'holiday wine' 
(fresh juiced beets, apples, cukes, celery, and cilantro with some ginger).

19. I love biking in Pine Creek, PA 
on railroad beds that wind thru woods, and meadows.



20. If I was going to eat a 'non plant strong meal', 
it would be farm-raised hamburgers with all the fixings...

21. I have learned many things from my husband, 
who truly has been a knight in shining armor to me, 
giving me a safe haven to work thru some serious life issues 
in years gone by and loving me through thick and thin. 

22. I love green juice. 
(kale, cukes, celery, apples, pears, lemons, and ginger).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...