Monday, June 16, 2014

Thanksgiving on Monday...




Life has been busy the past few weeks/months and I have 'slipped' a little
 from my traditional Thanksgiving on Thursday posts.
 Not that I'm not thankful, because I truly am, 
but just because I have been busy with many responsibilities
 that have kept me from writing.

So today...I post a thanksgiving.

A very close friend from church has recently been diagnosed with cancer.
 It has hit me hard personally and I have found myself crying alot the past few weeks, 
just releasing her to God and trusting Him to work out 
His purposes in whatever way He sees best.

We had a beautiful service a few weeks ago at church,
 laying hands on her and praying in the name of Jesus
 for her to be healed in whatever way God allows/chooses.
 I am so blessed to be part of a little country church 
that is interested in each others' lives and in praying together to a God
 who is greater than anyone or anything.

Then last evening, we had a church picnic at a local park. 
It was a beautiful evening of fellowship and games with the children. 
Before we parted ways, all 36 of us stood in a circle 
in the parking lot at dusk and prayed for this dear sister as she prepares 
for a surgery on Tuesday...
and for her family, too, that they will be strong and of a good courage.

My heart welled in thankfulness to God
 to be part of the Body of Christ and, painful as it is,
 to experience the blessing of praying together, 
having our hearts knit together in love.


Life on earth is very imperfect.
We have no continuing city here.
 People all around disappoint us and hurt our hearts. 
Sickness happens.
 Relationships don't always progress as we had hoped.
 But in and through it all, 
those who serve the Lord truly are the most blessed on earth
 because they have the hope of a perfect life to come 
where there will be no more sorrow, 
no more tears and no more heartaches,
and where we will be in the presence of
our wonderful Redeemer forever.

If you think of my dear friend,
 please remember her and her family in prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...