Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Security...

photo courtesy of P. Allen Smith
"Jesus says, 
Your Father, 
who looks after 
the sparrows,
 will care for you; 
fear not therefore. 
It is not to be a 
life of self-interest 
at all. 
When God calls us 
He never gives security; 
He gives us a knowledge of 
Himself. 
We reveal how
 much we believe 
in the things Jesus said when we 
reason like this--
'Is this God's will for me?
 No, it can't be because
 there is no security.' 
'It is enough for 
the disciple
 that he be as his Master.' 
Jesus never had 
any home of 
His own, 
never a pillow 
on which to lay
 His head. 
His poverty
 was a deliberate choice. 
We may have to face 
destitution in order 
to maintain our spiritual connection 
with Jesus, 
and we can only
 do that if 
we love Him supremely." 

--Oswald Chambers, 
in The Place of Help from 
The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...