Monday, August 18, 2014

Fishing for Souls, part 1


"Beware of the people who tell you how to fish! I know a good many people who have tried to learn how to fish from books, but they never did learn. The only way to learn how to fish is to fish! . . .
Beware of the books that tell you how to catch men. Go to Calvary, and let God Almighty deal with you until you understand the meaning of the tremendous cost to our Lord Jesus Christ, and then go out to catch men. God grant we may get away from the instructors on how to catch fish and get out into the fishing business!" 

--Oswald Chambers, 
in Workmen of God 
from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

While I think the counsel of the godly is valuable,
the gist of this quote
 is actually something I had to learn as I 
got deeper into mentoring my children and
women God sends to me.
There are so many voices telling me
how to do it...
but ultimately,
I find it best and safest,
and simplest of all
to listen to the voice of God,
and follow His leading.

Trusting the one who commissioned us
to disciple others is indeed
the best way of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...