Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Morning Musings...



Jesus

 must have

 control

 not only in

 the big things

 but in the

 little

 things also; 

not only over 

what we do,

 but how

 we do it. 

We must 

submit to Him

 and His way 

as He has

 been pleased

 to reveal it 

in the Bible; 

and if what we do does not conform to this pattern, 

it is an assertion of our will, 

it is disobedience, and as repellent 

as the sin of witchcraft. 

- D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

I have not been born to eternal life for very long...
just 13 years,
but I have lived this life long enough to see
the absolute blessing it is to live
in surrender to God's working in me.

How hard we make it for ourselves
when we hold onto even
 the tiniest shred 
of selfishness...
even if the thing we insist on having
would seem our apparent 'right' or privilege to have,
like the love of parents,
or fellowship with the saints, 
etc.

When these 'rights' go unfulfilled
(fill in the blank for what it is in your world),
is this not a true test of where we 
really stand in relation to 
following Jesus all the way?

What are your thoughts on this?
Is there a testimony of blessing
you can share in relation to
laying down your rights
or what would seem your need
that goes 'unrealized',
and finding a greater blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...