Monday, August 25, 2014

Fishing for Souls, Part 2



"When Our Lord said to the disciples 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men,' His reference was not to the skilled angler, but to those who use the drag-net--something which requires practically no skill; the point being that you have not to watch your 'fish,' but to do the simple thing and God will do the rest."
 --Oswald Chambers,
 in Baffled to Fight Better 
from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

In my quest for learn about discipling others,
and about fulfilling the Great Commission,
I have been bombarded on many sides
by those who teach that you need
special training to do this work.

I have sought to learn God's heart on it,
and He has taught me much about it as
the years roll by and I simply do His bidding:


1. The disciples were 'ignorant and unlearned men'
and yet they brought thousands to repentance.

2. It is best to walk by faith and obedience in 
the Holy Spirit and let God use me for His glory
than to spend my years listening to men's
teaching that is tainted with the 
'findings' of the age.

3. Godly elders who have walked on before me
have valuable counsel to give me, but I must
ALSO be a noble Berean and search the Scriptures
myself to see if these things be so
while appreciating the counsel of the godly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...