Monday, September 22, 2014

The Whole of Things...


"The first thing that impresses us about the call of God is that it comes to the whole man, not to one part of him.

 The majority of us are godly in streaks, spiritual in sections; it takes a long time to locate us altogether to the call of God. 


We have special days and religious moods, but when we get into contact with God we are brought in touch with Reality and made all of a piece. 


Our Lord's life was all one reality; you could never cut it into two--shallow here and profound there.


 My conception of God must embrace the whole of my life." 

--Oswald Chambers,
 in He Shall Glorify Me
 from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...