Monday, October 20, 2014

Altering Heredity...

"'If you are going to be My disciple,' 
Jesus says, 'you must give up your right to yourself.' 
Jesus Christ came to do what I could not do, 
viz., alter my heredity, and the point for me is, 
am I going to let Him do it?"

 --Oswald Chambers,
 in Biblical Ethics
 from The Quotable Oswald Chambers

Perhaps a slightly controversial subject,
but it reminds me of what I pondered 
a few years ago on 
personality...

People these days blame or excuse 
their actions on their personality
'way more than they should.

Did you know that if you do that,
you are doing nothing different, really,
than people have done since
the Garden of Eden scenes of blame?

Personality...
might be something to it,
but not nearly as much as we think.

OR
perhaps we need to put personality
in the same category with our flesh,
and let God decide what of 'me' is
needed in His work and what needs
to be put away...


We celebrate 'me' way more 
than we should...
those perceived personality traits
(like 'being black and white', 
or being a neat freak, 
or preferring a good time
 to facing reality, 
or ignoring issues,
or being talkative, 
or shy,
etc etc etc)

Truth is,
God just may over ride that personality
in some cases, or in many,
and require us to be different 
than we think we really can be.

Isn't that the point of sanctification?

Just pondering...
think about it.

Let us be up and doing things God's way.

Love and blessings,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...