Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Miracles...



The question then becomes...
Am I willing to see and acknowledge His miracles,
even if they don't feel like miracles to me?

Am I willing to lay down my plans,
my hopes, my dreams
for the sake of the greater picture
that I cannot even see nor ever will I see it,
as it stretches out behind me in generations past,
and lies unspoken and untrodden as of yet
in the generations that shall come after?

Am I willing to be wholly His, 
totally yielded and still,
as clay in His hands,
to be molded and shaped into
a vessel of honorable labor,
whatever that labor and calling will be?

Problems of living abound.
Imperfection touches everything on earth.
Sorrow is seen around every corner,
no matter how much mirth there may be.

Am I willing to let God use these problems
to show forth His greatness,
miracles that only He can perform?

Or will I retract my heart and not allow
Him to work,
thus hindering the witness of Christ,
and stunting my growth,
and stalemating my relationship with Him?

Thoughts to ponder...

And, 
behold, there arose a 
great tempest
 in the sea, insomuch 
that the ship was covered with the 
waves: 
but he was asleep.
And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, 
Lord, save us: we perish. 
And he saith unto them, 
Why are ye fearful, 
O ye of little faith? 
Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!" 
(Matthew 8:24-28) 

Jesus was a great Example of
 resting in God, 
and then letting God
 be glorified through Him 
as He calmed the storm. 
I want to be like Him!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...