Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Morning Musings...Encouragement...part 4



"The good man has his enemies. 
He would not be like his Lord if he had not.
 If we were without enemies we might fear that we 
were not the friends of God,
 for the friendship of the world is enmity to God."

~Charles Spurgeon

My thoughts today are the final installment of this subject of
encouragement...

I sat today in a courtroom of friends who were there to
support a family adopting two sons into their family.
And as I sat there, I thought of friendship,
and of relationship...
and how important God thinks these things are,
and how He longs for it between people and Himself,
and how He planned for it to be well oiled
amongst the people on earth.
I thought of how satan comes and destroys,
kills and steals relationships,
when people's hearts are not fully engaged 
in God.

I ponder...
Encouragement is so vital to the Christian life
because without it, the wilderness is harsher,
the winds blow stronger and the individual
staggers more easily under the blows of the enemies...


Be a friend today.
Your friends have enemies not of their choosing,
if they are the friends of God.

And although they do not ask for the temptations 
that come from the rejection, neglect and 
personal affronts that come from enemy 
territory, they need all the help they can
get from their friends in God...



GO...
encourage.
Perhaps the spark has dimmed in their eyes.
Maybe the candle God has lit in your own soul
has the purpose of lighting their spark again.
(Ps. 18:28)

Love and blessings,
Marcia

Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love, but a faithful man who can find?

Proverbs 20:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...