Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thanksgiving on Thursday...



I've been thinking about seasons the past while,
 as my favorite season is here.
 I am not letting myself dread the snow that shall follow,
 nor the long winter that will stretch out in seemingly endless days
of cold and ice and snow and cold and...
ok, maybe I am dreading it a little! :-)

As I chatted with a close friend recently,
we were talking about how God puts people into our lives,
 and sometimes just for a season are we responsible for some work
He calls us to do in their lives.
Then He moves them on for others to water or
 plant some more where we are not called to.

And I pondered...
(as I am often wont to do...)

Why hold onto what was?

Times and seasons come and go.
 Sure, our hearts hurt when it seems our work
was unappreciated, totally torn asunder by wolves,
 or little accepted in those He called us to nurture
 at different times and in different seasons of our lives.

But following God means that He will clearly call,
 give strength for the work,
 and then move them and us on at
the right appointed time.
We don't have to insist on
 keeping up a work which He has brought to an end.

That was good counsel my friend gave me.
 I appreciate that about my godly sisters in Christ
 (and my husband too, of course!)
They can help me figure out what season I am in,
or what is happening currently in my life.

So today, I give a huge praise report for the godly counsellors
 I have been given.
They are not many,
but they are certainly sent by God
and they do their job well.

disclaimer:
this post is about thanking God for the counsel of the godly
NOT about ignoring or discrediting the very real and raw
pain that comes to the human heart when broken
relationships happen...
Just thought I'd mention that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...