Saturday, December 6, 2014

In Psalms and Hymns...



Yesterday, as I was pondering a difficult situation surrounding a very close friend,
and crying out to the Lord about it, the words of this song came floating
through my heart, in particular this part:

"I thank Thee Lord that here our joy is touched with pain...
That shadows fall on brightest hours,
That thorns remain..."

I paused to think on that, feeling very much that God brought those words to mind just then, to remind me that here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come, and that nothing in this world is perfect, filling me with great anticipation of my eternal Home where there will be no more joy touched with pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...