Friday, December 5, 2014

Who Has Your Heart?



The other evening, 
our church had it's first of a three-part series
on Kingdom Finances by Gary Miller.
(good stuff, by the way! If you want to hear it yourself,
you can order it here.)
As the brother was speaking, I was challenged
anew by the thought that where your heart is
revealed by what you treasure.

Oh, to grow still more to love the Lord with my all.
To have my life be wholly His, 
not distracted by personal interest,
or things money can buy,
but to be completely focused on
the One who leads me and calls me
to work the work of heaven.

It has been my experience,
in my short years of walking His Way,
that those who truly seek Him
do find Him when they seek Him 
with their whole HEART
(affections, will, mind, interest, etc).
But to follow Him,
and know Him more,
means I must be prepared to
say goodbye to many things
I thought I wanted or hoped for,
because He has different plans
for me.

Eternity will reveal what this life was
really about,
but until then, let's give Him our
whole heart,
so that we may do His work
and KNOW Him even here
on earth.

1 comment:

  1. How Divine!
    We just had this verse in Bible Class this morning.
    Is my heart centered around my earthly possessions or on reaching the heart of my children and the spiritual needs of others?

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...