Tuesday, January 27, 2015

About Gossip...



"The consequences of gossip:

~Gossip separates friends.
~Gossip causes strife.
~Gossip causes discord in the body of Christ....

~Gossip is just as bad as any other sin.
Never should one of God’s 
beautiful, gracious, godly women 
be a part of separating friends, 
causing strife, and causing division in the church."

I saw this on Jim and Elizabeth George's face book status,
and I AMEN this a thousand times over.

It is a cruel, cruel thing to be the target of gossip,
and I humbly admit that God had to cause me to 
experience it's deeply wounding talons
in order to more fully understand
and come to hate gossip.

It is very true that gossip separates very friends.
It is very true that gossip cuts like a knife down
deep in the soul, and gives satan 
opportunity to cause one to stumble,
or to struggle with focusing on herself
or to lose confidence in who God called her
to be because of gossip and slander.

:

Friends, I beg of you,
think carefully before you talk about others.
Don't feel like you have to share everything 
you know about situations to everyone who
will listen. There are few who need to hear
most of what you may want to share about 
others and situations you might be party to.

Someday, those who wrong you may repent
and I plead with you to be careful how
you share now about them because if they
repent, you will have done them a kindness to
have had love cover a multitude of sins.
(not talking about sharing with whom you 
should be sharing here, I acknowledge that
there are things to be shared sometimes in
appropriate ways and places).

Besides the havoc that comes from gossip,
it is an abomination to the Lord.
Check it out in His Word:

Leviticus 19:16
Prov. 11:3
Prov. 18:8
Prov. 20:19
Prov. 26:20, 22
Titus 2:6-8
Col. 4:6
1 John 3:15
(I cannot see how gossip is loving,
so therefore, it fits in the hatred category,
does it not?)


Whoever has ears
 to hear,
let them hear...

I am thankful for
this painful lesson
I have had to learn.

And I pray that God will always
show me how to navigate through
situations that might require my
sharing
about others.


PS

Photo credit for
the above 
picture with the
cookies and milk,
and the yummy 
peppermint 
chocolate crinkle cookies
we enjoyed after the 
photo shoot 
was done,
are blessings
 from the hand
 of my 
youngest daughter,
Miss Brenna.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...