Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Struggle...


“Sanctification is God's job,
 but obedience
 is ours.
 Sin has a life cycle--
it either grows or withers depending in whether we
 feed or starve it.”  Shane Idleman


"No other decision will impact
 our lives more
 than who, 
or what,
 we choose to follow."
 - Shane Idleman

Recently my husband
 preached a sermon
defining struggle/temptation versus
 full blown sin.
So often, and especially in our youth, we
feel like the struggle between our flesh and the Spirit
is sinful and we live in condemnation,
when if we would only but realize that
temptation/struggle gives us an opportunity
to choose whose side we are going to be on!



After new birth in Christ,
He makes all things new.
This does not mean our sinful flesh
goes away to never bother us
again.
It does, however, mean we 
have power in His name to
live our lives His Way.

Praise the Lord for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...