Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thanksgiving on Thursday...


Random things to be thankful for today:

Life had been full, heavy and hard to deal with,
 increasing as 2014 progressed. 
A few weeks ago, my darling husband scooped his wife up
 and whisked her away for a night and a day of alone time with him.
 It was much needed.

What a blessing. 
We came home refreshed, and reconnected,
ready to face the drama of life.



New Year's Day 2015
was spent as we spend most
New Year's days...
quietly at home,
enjoying the company of our
little family,
appreciating good relationships
and just being together.

I am so thankful
 for my family.
There was a time
 when I
cried out to God
 to let me
repair the broken
 down places
that came to me 
from 
generations
 past...
that we would 
live out family
as He designed it.
He has honored
 my request,
and I am in awe 
of the
peace and blessing
 that comes
when we live
 His way.

Does this mean we never have 
snags in our home?
No, certainly not!
We have many 
places where
the enemy of souls would love
to get relationships wedged apart
and broken
 into pieces.

I am thankful that my family
loves the Lord,
and loves me in the learning
that I walk through daily.

For every family that chooses His Way,
we send a message to a broken, dying world
that God is still in the business of 
transforming lives today,
and that He is powerful enough to 
create beauty where we can only
create ashes.



"Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, 
make known his deeds among the people."
1 Chron. 16:8


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...