Monday, April 13, 2015

Of Helping Others...

This inspired me recently from the wall in the kitchen of my husband's aunt's home.


One thing I've learned, in my journey through discipling my children and others, is that I cannot change their hearts where they are off and need God. I only can lead them to the Living Water, the Bread of Life, the Healer of healers, the Good Shepherd of the sheep, the Answer to all of life's problems. 

I can show them love, grace, and tell them whatever the Holy Spirit calls me to share, but I cannot change them. This brings peace to my heart because then I don't need to feel like I have to control the situation(s), and I can simply release the person to God and do the work He calls me to do.

Sometimes people want to make us God to them. We need to be very careful of this. I try very hard to not let myself get into that position but to disentangle their grip before it gets too tight. I try to point them to Jesus, and let them know that they need HIM.

Inspiration for this came from the following:


"We can’t solve problems for others. We CAN introduce them to the Lord."
-Corrie Ten Boom



"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
-Isaiah 52:7


...


"And He saith unto them, 'Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.'"
-Matthew 4:19


Let's go forth and show Jesus to those He brings into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...