Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Seeds...


I grew up in a home with parents whose vision was that I would be well versed
in and understand the Scriptures. That vision, lived out on so many levels from
reading the Bible at home, to being encouraged to read it personally, to
going to many church functions where the Word was read and taught,
to having our home library shelves filled with books carefully selected
to encourage my understanding of Scriptural living,
to being enrolled in a Christian Day School all 10 grades of my schooling
where the curriculum was filled with Scripture,
to attending youth Bible School,
and weddings where Scripture was read and taught,
to reading Sunday School papers filled with stories that
were based on Scripture...
I have certainly had a goodly  heritage.

It wasn't until I was 25 years old that I yielded my life
wholly to Jesus Christ, and became a radical disciple and 
follower of His, but oh, what richness was mine then,
because all those seeds that had been sown in the soil of
my heart all through my childhood and youth
sprang to life under the Sonshine and Living Water.

I have never been the same since and I am deeply grateful
that all those seeds were planted in my heart.

It helped to shape who I am today,
and it has helped me to have a vision of seed planting
in my own children's lives.

"The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. 
And both will be rewarded for their own hard work."
1 Cor. 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...