Friday, June 5, 2015

Work, For the Night Is Coming...


Today, I went on a trip down to Nostalgia.
The little cousin, newly graduated with flying colors
from first grade, was reading to the big cousin, 
my oldest daughter.
The past flashed before my eyes, as I pondered how,
not so long ago, that 'big cousin' was my first
first grader and now, she is about to graduate
from  high school and is entering the world 
of adulthood more each day.

I am loving this stage of my life, with teenagers,
and one 'almost' teenager, and I look forward
to the days when my children are moved on to
their work outside my home,
but I sure did get bitten by nostalgia a little as
I took this picture today.

The 18 years since this child of mine was born
have literally passed by as swiftly as a weaver's shuttle.
What work I have done, I trust to the Lord, and know I have
done it with a heart of sincerity and earnestness.

However, I call out to us all to be purposeful in the work we
are called to do, whatever it is.
It's over before we know it.
Today, while opportunity knocks, let us
be up and doing...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...