Thursday, August 6, 2015

In This World...

This post as been rolling around in my head
for days,
and in my experience
for a lifetime!

I know I said I would be
away for awhile,
but I just couldn't stay
away! :-)

I think it has finally
sunk into my heart
that this world
is not going to 
be full of 
long stretches of
laughter and 
mirth
because
it is filled with
fallen humanity,
causing all our joy
to be touched with
pain.

I have been learning
what it means
to be broken with
what breaks God's heart,
and yet not become
bitter and hard
about the
brokenness,
but to let Him
fill me with 
compassion and grace,
and a willingness to be a vessel of use
for whatever purpose He plans.

Expect trouble.
If you are a child of God,
there is not a place of
true earthly rest for you here.
YES, in HIM our hearts 
can be solid and peaceful,
but the winds will beat 'round
our ship often on the sea of life,
the hail will batter our gardens
that are growing beautifully,
death comes 'too early',
brokenness touches our families
when we thought that it was
always 'out there' somewhere
where we are not.


a field of sunflowers close to my house

Jesus has told us to take heart, tho,
because He has overcome the world.
We can lay our bleeding hearts at
the foot of the Cross,
hold onto the nail-scarred Hand
He offers daily,
trust our lives into His capable leading,
and live with abandon...
serving faithfully in the
post He calls us to.


black eyed susans blooming along the way,
a gorgeous view from my front porch

We weep.
We sigh.
We want to be Home.
We grow weary.
We find  no place to
truly fit in
because we are 
strangers here.

Guess what,
we are EXACTLY where
He wants us then,
if that is our story.

Take heart...
somehow I can hear
Jesus
speaking those words
and comforting his
disciples with them.

a sunflower that volunteered to bloom her heart out
by my birdfeeder, giving me much cheer every day

I am comforted.
I am willing.
I am His,
and He is mine.

Here's hoping you all are having a beautiful summer.
Mine has been filled with broken things,
but in the midst of it all,
there have been reminders of His grace
and His beauty surrounds me,
teaching me lessons.


Little Swan Echinacea doing what He created it to do:
bring glory to Him thru beauty along the way...

I really wish I could share this beauty with you...
phlox in the evening sunshine, it's perfume
pervading the cool New York air!





1 comment:

  1. What a blessing this post is to me. I feel like that is just my own experience this summer of God breaking and leading me. Thru the deep heartache there truly is peace when you know you are right in the center of God's will, and sometimes it's in the most heartwrenching moments that we truly experience the sweetness of our Shepherd's love and grace like never before. He is truly good in all things. Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...