Friday, December 11, 2015

Of Life and Letting You Know I'm Still Blogging...

I've been informed that I need to show my 'face' around this blog soon and that I am missed...(how lovely)! So here I am...letting you all know that I am still here, I'm still going strong and that I've simply been busy with life in a measure greater than normal, but totally at peace in it because God is in that busyness. I'm learning, ever so slowly but surely, that where He calls, He also equips.

We enjoyed our time at Bible School. Such special memories we made as we rented a house and spent the week with my nieces from MO, a friend from church here in NY and the ladies in our family for most of the week (until the rest of my family came the end of the week). I carry the memories of counsel room times with sweet and burdened young ladies very heavy on my heart. I am committing them often to the Lord Jesus, who knows them far better than I ever can and can help them far deeper than I ever could, but I counted it a privilege to have been a counselor at Bible school. It blessed me greatly to see 'my young people' being fed deeply from the Word and excited about what they were learning and hearing. Oh, that it will take root in their lives and bear much fruit.

early morning photo at the airport before she left NY last week
Our family is also excited
 to see the Lord's hand at work
 in the members of the household who came to us over the past few years.
 We are privileged to have
 heard and heeded God's call to 
open our home as a respite
for these dear ones for a time 
of discerning, resting and wrestling 
over life's struggles in their lives.
 It has been quite a journey, 
but we love what God is 
doing in their lives and 
we love being a part of it.

Kristina, (on the left in the above pic)
served in the Middle East
for a month this fall,
and we enjoyed having her here 
last week to rest and share about
her experiences there, before moving on to another place of service.

For those of you who 
I suppose it is in order for me to share that
the Lord, at the 'last minute' closed the door
on her plans to go into service in Arkansas,
by bringing a young man into her life whose
intention is courtship. So, after prayer and counsel, she chose to remain home with us. 
(We are happy about that)
I'll just add this, for whatever it can mean to you:
The need to disciple other is real.
It is a field of service often neglected.
Not everyone is called to take 'strangers' into their homes,
but we all can be part of discipleship, if we but open
our hearts and lives in the way needed to do so.
May the Lord depend on you? We are all needed
to work together in His Body, the church,
to fulfill the Great Commission,
of which discipleship is the 'half' that is
often overlooked and neglected.
I'm not sure why...
but I raise up a cry that we pray the Lord
of the harvest to send for reapers,
and then be willing ourselves to
serve in whatever capacity He calls us.
We may be 'just a fingernail' in the Body,
 but wow, 'fingernails' are very missed if they are absent!



The other day,
we ladies of the household,
enjoyed spending some time
with my husband's side of 
the family,
making noodles.

Can you tell which ones
were made with
farm-fresh eggs?!





In my resting moments,
I have actually been
browsing the seed catalogs
that have graced my
mailbox recently.

We've had such beautiful
spring-like weather,
I'd be ready to go out,
pull back some mulch,
and throw a few seeds into the dirt!

But I will wait 'til the proper time', as I heard in this sermon the other day.
God blessed me with that sermon at the right time, 
confirming to me things that the thoughts He was pressing on my heart
over the past few years of disappointing experiences
are indeed the learning curve He has had me on.
It made me so deeply grateful that I have been
saying 'yes' to Him in steady, trusting surrender.


After hosting Marie's friend, Noah,
and a few brunches with church friends
at our house,
and in the lull between the next
wave of company,
my daughters and I have been
tackling some deep cleaning 
in this old farmhouse.
I am so thankful that we are
ALL well
(including the daughter who had
Lyme disease),
and able to work together in these things. Moraccan mint tea after a morning of
cleaning sure hits the spot.

And what of the boy?
Besides doing a fabulous job
in school,
and finding blessed relief
from some
long-time health issues we 
had been dealing with in him,
he has been keeping very busy
making lego
choppers, tractors,
dump wagons,
levers on said dump wagons, etc. I am glad he has something constructive to
keep his busy brain occupied, after chores and school are finished.


I was the happy
recipient of 
this lovely pontsettia,
thanks to my
darling husband.

It came at a 
very crucial time 
for me, too,
besides the fact
 the pointsettias are
awesome winter cheer,
and that flowers from
the husband are
always a welcome
thought,
my father had recently
announced a 
serious health need,
and it left me
feeling devastated
and in desperate
need of my Father
in heaven
to calm my heart
and give me
perspective and 
direction.


Well, that's a condensced
version of the happenings
since my last blog
on Nov 17.
I share, to let you know
where I've been and what God has been
up to in our lives. He is faithful.
He is the solid Rock on which I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

I have many blog posts rolling around in my heart.
Hopefully, in the next few weeks,
I can share, as the Lord directs and if He tarries.

Love and blessings to you all,
Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Was so good hearing all the happenings around your place! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...