Friday, January 22, 2016

Read Your Bible...

What a blessing we have in the Word!

I throw out this caution, my friends:

Be very careful what else you read.
Walk with God and be discerning.

There is much that is out there
that is sort of true
and sort of not true.
Be very aware of this.

I read in my Bible that 
I am created to love God
and love others
(known Him and make Him known).

Many modern books
cater to 'me' and do not
lay the ax to the root of the tree
(dying to me and living His life).

Many modern speakers
also preach and teach this.

It is not Scriptural.

Let's read the Word often
and walk daily with Jesus
in the light of His Word.
When we walk where He 
calls us to,
then He sheds more light
for the next step.

Many times we feel deeply disturbed
by things in our past, people who were not faithful at their post,
or wrongfully used us.
Modern teachings are appealing and often reel us in
by focusing on the offenders and on healing our 'selves'.
Jesus and the apostles did not teach this way.
They taught us to lay down our lives,
and to follow Him. That is the secret of healing.
One step at a time.
IN step with Him.
Every day.
And over time, we will find that He truly 
is the Healer of healers,
while He is Lord of our life.

If you find yourself in a place of 
'needing answers' and overloaded with
hurts from your childhood or any time in
your life, please know that the answer
lies in making Jesus your everything,
and in feeding on the richness of His
pure word.
Find someone who clearly shows
the fruit of walking with Him
and ask them to mentor you
in finding peace.
Be sure this person is interested
most of all in the Word of God
and is not caught up in 
teachings that are not found
in God's word.

God bless you.
He is in the business of changing lives
even today
but many times we do not want to go
through the pain and heart ache it 
might cost us, in order to find
true, lasting change.



I highly recommend His way.
No matter what.
It is very worth it!

Love and blessings,
Marcia

PS
There are many wonderful sermons recorded
and written in books that compliment the Bible
well in this our generation. I do not mean to
imply that they are not available or even recommended.
I simply share a concern that we be noble
Bereans because there are many books and
recorded teachings that are not wholly in agreement
with God's Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...