Tuesday, June 14, 2016

This is the Way...

LifeWay's VBS 2015, Journey Off The Map™, is based on Isaiah 30:21. Kids explore uncharted territory where they will begin to understand that obedience to God can lead them beyond the expected. So, toss the map, stick close to your guide, and prepare to listen for God's direction on this journey that is unknown to us, but known to Him.:
I've been getting ready to leave on a trip that promises to include lots of fun things
in preparation for Marie's wedding which we are helping her to prepare for.
This morning, 'wedding planner and loose end' jitters/anxiety filled me
and I found myself struggling to know how to pull all these pesky loose ends
together and keep my sanity intact!

Then I sat down to have my time with the Lord before I started anything else.
I have learned the importance of this, if at all possible, or to get things
started to where I can sit down and focus on the Lord and hearing from him.

Then it started pulling together. I remembered that last night,
as I pondered the day ahead and the many loose ends I'd need to
be responsible for wrapping up so we can leave early in tomorrow AM,
I had a 'plan' to have my time with God, and felt somehow it was
also important to get up early enough to exericise beforet the
day's activities were tackled.
So this morning, tho I didn't feel like it, I made myself go
get on the treadmill and walk.
I found a wonderful sermon on salvation by
Angus Buchan and walked almost 2 miles.
And you know what? Anxiety gone.

I got to thinking...
You know how very important it is to obey
that still, small voice of the Lord!
I could have made up all kinds of excuses 
why I don't have time/don't feel like exercising
but God knows and I was renewed in the fact
that exercise is good for killing anxious feelings.

I encourage us all to practice being still so that we can
hear the Lord speaking to us and then OBEY,
even tho it may seem odd or silly.
He has His reasons and they make sense to Him and
will often make sense to us after we walk through
obedience.

Love and blessings,
Marcia

PS
Get walking! It really honestly does a body good!

1 comment:

  1. I love walking a trail in my backyard and talking with my Father especially at sunset and sunrise. I have so many precious memories of talking things over with Him and coming back at peace about the issues and even sometimes with specific answers to my issues. I read often in the Bible about people who walked with God and I long to make that a reality in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...