Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...



Soon after I was born again, I was introduced to this song. It echoed the testimony of my soul. So long had I thirsted and had tasted water from other streams, only to be disappointed and still thirsty! Once I tasted the Living Water, there was no more turning back for me! It quenches the deepest thirst, and it is a Well that never runs dry!

at Taughannock Falls State Park, Ulysses NY
photo credit: Wendy Woodburn


The other Sunday, our family and some friends enjoyed a hike at one of NY's beautiful parks. When I saw the water rushing over the rocks at the beginning of the trail, I thought of the Living Water and how my soul has been hydrated above and beyond what I could have ever imagined possible these past 12 years.



photo credit: Wendy Woodburn

This month marks 12 years
since I stepped over the Great Divide
 and chose
Jesus,
the fountain of Living Water.
 
I have never once regretted this choice and I am here to say that He is
who He says
He is,
and He does
what He says
He will
do!

I am both
humbled
and
overjoyed
that I would
get to receive this unspeakable gift
in my lifetime!
 
What a Savior!
 


 

Taughannock Falls, Ulysses NY
photo credit: Wendy Woodburn
He who believes
in Me,
 as the Scripture said,

 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water;'

But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive;
for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."
(John 7:37-39)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...