Sunday, July 13, 2014

Musings from the Garden...

This past week, I have been in my gardens a lot,
weeding, pruning, and giving them their
summer look...
and I've had alot of time to muse...
and ponder...
and pray...
( I saw this video the other day)


and I thought of how painful it is to be planted
as a seed and then die so we can grow into
what God intended us to be.

That old nature, our sinful selves, just wants to be
in the way and will be as alive and flourishing as we
allow it to be!

As I weeded and pondered,
I happened upon my daisies that I had
transplanted a year or two ago.
They are just bursting into bloom,
and from my kitchen window, they bring
much joy for my eyes to feast upon...

They grew from the moment I transplanted them.
I knew it from the way they didn't wither and shrivel up
but stayed green and slowly at first, and then more rapidly,
spread their roots and increased.

This month marks the 13th anniversary of my
choosing to follow Jesus.
From the moment I was born again,
I chose to be all in.
I determined that whatever God would ask of me,
wherever He would take me,
whatever I needed to change,
it was going to be all or not at all.



Sometimes I have struggled, yes,
and I have halted sometimes too long 
on a thing that clearly was selfishness on my part,
but I have never backed down on that decision
to be all in.

It has proven to be a very good choice to make,
because the longer the I live this way,
the shorter the list of things I need to get right with God,
and the more abundant life I experience in Him.

And the longer I live this way,
the more free and peaceful is my life
and the life of my loved ones.
I thought of this as I went on one of my many errands
to be the Farmer's chauffer this week from field to farm.
He asked me kindly one morning if I would have time
to come and pick him up yet again that day.
And I flexed my heart to include yet another change
of plans to my busy day.
Then I remembered...
not too many years ago,
this kind of request would have
irked and irritated me.



But now, thanks to the pruning and
calling of my Lord to come higher
in my calling as a Farmer's wife
and daughter of the King,
I no longer am irked...
and I am, in fact, delighted to bless my
hardworking Farmer in any way I can.
And we gained a bonus:
much time this week to share hearts
on our little jaunts to and from the field.
What a delight!

The Bible is clear that fruit
comes after obedience and
yieldedness to the
Master Planter and Pruner.

It hurts like crazy because
we start off not recognizing that
pruning and planting at first,
then maybe sometimes we
struggle to yield to the Lord's
skillful hands,
and sometimes we have this
illusion that our life is still
our own.

But every sincere heart that truly seeks Him
gets the royal treatment of the Master Gardener.
And then there is serious work done,
and watering that happens,
and fruit that results...
to bring Him glory.

I use my own life as an example of these thoughts,
not because I am more special or better than anyone else,
but because I want to shout out to the world
that JESUS LIVES
and He lives within my heart!

I am so thankful that I decided to follow Jesus
no matter the cost.
I experience joy that no one can take away.



Life is hard.
It is not easy at all.
But I am never alone and I always have direction,
thanks to the Master Gardener in my life.
My advice, looking back over the few years
I have walked with Him in the Garden of life,
is to get all in and stay that way 
all the days that He gives you breath.
For His glory.
To accomplish the thing He wants to do
from your life that He planned
since before the world began...

I am excited to walk with this wonderful
Gardener and wonder with complete confidence
in Him what He has planned for me
through all the changing scenes of the rest of
my life...

Love and blessings to all,
Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...