Thursday, August 20, 2015

Love Does...

I recently was listening to Joey and Rory, a couple from TN whose music is maybe not to everyone's taste, but I heard this song awhile ago, and have been kind of following their story ever since.


Joey and Rory

They introduced me to this book:


by Bob Goff

It's been a great read so far.
We often talk about love.
But how much do we really love?
How many of those walls that hold us back 
do we let down and let people really see
the love that Jesus gives?

I want to do a series of posts
titled 
"Love Does".

Mostly I will share pictures to show you
what love does...


Love takes the time
in the busyness
of farming,
to grind mulch hay
and spread it
over the garden
for the wife.

Yes.
Love does.

Sometimes it means
inconvenience.
Well, often it means that.
Because we all 
have our ideas of how
we will spend our days.

But love "does".

It begins in a heart
that has accepted the
love of Jesus
that is freely given.
It grows in the heart
that has purposed to
do life God's way.

I can't think of a better
person to write about
as I begin this
series.

My Farmer is
truly an unselfish, loyal
and kind man.
He takes the time out of his busy days
to answer a call from me when I
am feeling overwhelmed with schooling
'the boy', 
or when I need a lightbulb changed 
or salt added to the water softener,
and when I cried a few weeks ago 
(literally)
 that we miss him so much
since the busy farming season has kept him 
busy from morning til night,
he cleared his schedule and 
went on a few outings with us.

Love does.
And I am blessed to receive that love,
purposing also to give that love
as freely as I have received it.


"This is my commandment,
that you love one another,
as I have loved you."

~Jesus
(John 15:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...