Tuesday, September 15, 2015

On Being a Missionary...part 2



You may not remember
part 1 that I did 
a little bit ago,
and I invite you
to refresh yourself on it
if you care to. The
two were kinda meant 
to go together,
but this post was
requested by
my friend 
Kristina
who has an
instagram ministry
and would have
liked a shorter post
to copy.
(hmmm, does
that mean I get
kind of long winded
sometimes?!) :-)
so I did it in two parts.

I think that in order to be a missionary, we need to first be knowing and living the Gospel.
My experience has been that once we are fully awakened to
the power of this Good News in our own lives,
our overwhelming gratitude for redemption and the power to 
war against the flesh and overcome will compel us to 
share with others.

Which brings me to this:


As we grow up in Christ, He expects us to fulfill the 
Great Commission, no matter who we are.
Matthew 28:18-20 was written for all of us
who are His disciples,
whether we are wives or daughters,
married or single.
in America or another country,
rich or poor,
sick or in good health.

I think that as long as we live, 
we will always need others to 
minister to us and disciple us,
but at some point in time
we also need to be ministering
and discipling others, using the
gifts God gives us through His
Holy Spirit.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations - Matthew 28:19


If we follow God,
 then we will
love others and
 feel the weight
of their eternal destiny
 on our hearts.
And in some way or other,
we will add our gifts to the
working of the
 Body of Christ
to win souls.
We will lay aside our
 petty cares,
our comparing ourselves
 with others,
our weak prayer lives,
our small-mindedness,
and embrace the calling
Jesus gave disciples everywhere
to GO and make disciples.

Love and blessings,
Marcia


PS
One other thing...
Jesus said that the fields are white
unto harvest, but the laborers are few
and that we are to pray to the Lord 
of the harvest,
that HE will send forth reapers.
We often miss that part, I think.
Praying first,
and asking God to send workers.
But in our praying,
I think Jesus intended that we
would surrender our own hearts
for God to send US if He so
desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...